Sunday, September 1, 2013

Felted Wool Posies and Wool Vase

100_8703

Posies in all colors! 

100_8701

Very easy to make…I cut three circles in graduated sizes.  I picked out a vintage button or two for the center of each one.

100_8692

Then I cut a wire twice the length of the stem, fold it in half, and thread it onto the button and through the layers of the stacked felt circles.

100_8697

For the leaves I cut a small leaf, and a 4 inch piece of wire. The stem and the leaf wire I covered in florist tape, adding the leaf stem as I covered the stem.

100_8700

The flowers can be any color, the more the merrier!

100_8695

And the center buttons don’t have to be a matching color…

100_8687

The vase is made from a mason jar and a sleeve from a felted wool sweater. I moistened the sleeve as it was rather tight on the jar and then just worked it down over the jar.

100_8684

This grey plaid wool was a great cover for the chipped mason jar.

100_8682

I may be linking to these great parties!

signature21

17 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

These are precious! I have a strong dislike for fake flowers but these are definitely an exception. Adorable!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

So pretty Ellen!

Maggie said...

They look wonderful. Thanks for the tips on how to make them xx

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

That turned out so cute! Pinning to the Monday Funday pin board!

jess said...

well done! those are awesome!

ibshell said...

I keep wondering what I'm going to do when all my summer flowers die. I love this idea, how simple and beautiful! Dieing for a vase like that. How clever!!

Unknown said...

Hello from your newest follower! I just LOVE these!!! I tried something similar a while back - but they were no where near as fantastic as yours!!!

Tammy N said...

Such pretty wool flowers! Love the wool vase too.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, how fun is this. Love it. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire ME. Hugs, Marty

Jill said...

What a gorgeous bouquet Ellen! Great work!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
--Mandy, SugarBeeCrafts.com

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I got to make me some of those. Awesome
Janice

Unknown said...

Love this!! I am into eclectic designs and decor. This would make a fabulous piece in my house. Unique flowers that never die! I pinned this for later use!

If you have time you should totally link up at The Blog Strut! We would love to have you!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Love the whimsy and colors! Great idea. Coming by from Simply Designing link party! Best of day ~ Sharon and Denise
BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop

Follow us:
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

Tracy @ Daily Dish Magazine said...

This is too cute~ it is unique and colorful and offers texture to any setting.

Krista Aasen said...

So cute!! Love this - and too creative!! Buttons make everything adorable:) I would be thrilled if you have the chance to share this at our new Fall DIY Challenge if you haven't already- today we are linking up BLUE projects - old or new! Hop over to The Happy Housie to share yours! Hope to see ya there!

- Krista

Rachel said...

These posies are too cute! I love all the fun colors. I'm featuring this at Terrific Tuesdays.