Monday, June 3, 2013

Thrifty finds this week…

100_7847

I found a new thrift store this weekend!  I can’t believe I haven’t heard of Savers Thrift Stores, but I saw the one in Fairview Heights and meandered in to check it out!

100_7848

I bought the small skeins of all wool yarn for 99 cents for a two pack (the packaging says that they are all the same dye lot and color number, but I think not!!) and the larger cones of linen like thread varied but no more than $1.50 each.

100_7849

The shadow box frame I bought at Goodwill for $1 and the oval frames came from Savers and they were 99 cents each.  I am working on a frame wall and am looking for some different shapes to add to it.

100_7852

And the last few things I found…a little painted metal shelf (from an auction) and the new mason jar that is “vintage inspired”…I had seen them at Target and wanted one but not 6 of them so I was happy to find this single jar at Goodwill for $1. 

I might be linking to these great parties!

signature21

2 comments:

nerospost said...

Wow Ellen, you were lucky - fantastic findings! I love your 'sea blue' collection and would love to get my hands on those yarns! Teje

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great buy on the yarn and a cute shelf, too! I love going to thrift stores! You never know WHAT you'll find!