Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recycling and Reusing Containers

100_7922

My niece saved a bunch of these baby food containers.  The lids fit tight and they are great for storing a variety of things.  I use them a lot to store my jewelry making supplies.

100_7925

They come in two sizes and stack nicely.

100_7910

These yogurt containers are great for pouring paint into for smaller projects, or Mod Podge when you don’t want to dip your dirty brush into the Mod Podge container (think glitter projects).  You get the idea…

100_7920

I make a lot of pincushions and buy the nice pearl head pins in the little containers (I always buy them when Jo-Ann Fabrics has their 50% off notions sales). 

100_7921

Anyway, they are also great for storing all sorts of jewelry findings and the lids stay on tightly as well.

100_7935

The Mentos cylinder containers are perfect for storing various supplies like beads, buttons, hair elastics.  I keep them tucked in the top drawer of my sewing desk.

100_7934

and in my jewelry supplies tote.

100_7933

They are great for on-the-go projects.

100_7912

Mandarin orange cups are the perfect size for paint or glue too.  I keep a few of them in the car and put my pug’s ice cream cone in them (he just gets a tiny cone!).

100_7940

I found these vintage thumb tack containers at a garage sale and they are a great size for organizing all sorts of craft supplies. 

100_7914

And of course there’s always the old school glass baby food jar!  We all know what to do with those!

100_7923

I might be linking to these great parties…

signature21

11 comments:

Lisa Fliehman said...

Love the ideas. I'm always trying to figure out how to reuse an item. Thanks for sharing!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Oooo. I love using little containers and reusing some of the free ones is great. Thanks for showing how you used them. Linda

KC Coake said...

Great ideas! I love all the containers you have picked and how you are using them.
KC

free style creating by Villy said...

Great idea!I made something like this!

Gloria said...

I'm visiting from Crafts a la mode- my question- What flavor is the pug's cone? ♥

I reuse all sorts of containers, too, it's a good use of otherwise free things.

Have a happy holiday,

Gloria

Melinda said...

Great containers! There are so many little things in our lives, it is good there are containers for this stuff.

: o )

OneMommy said...

Love reusing those old fruit cup containers for when the kids craft. They are great to hold paint and glue and other messy items.

I have tons of glass baby food containers, waiting until they are needed.

Stopping in from the Foley Fam.

Chelsea B. said...

Great idea! This way all the little stuff doesn't get lost! I'd like to invite you to our Organize Me! Sizzlin' Summer Link Up Party at Get Your Crap Together!

Lisa said...

This is such a great idea! I always hated throwing out those baby food containers when I felt like I could do something with them!

Lisa said...

Baby food jars/cups are the best! I have my spices in them, and they're just the right height to fit in the drawer next to the stove. And my husband has lots of them in the garage for his screws and tiny parts. Seriously the best!

Jennifer Dawn said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!