Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New iPhone Case, or at least a makeover!

100_7860

Is this not cute!?!

water-ocean-nature-nine-inch-nails-music-sea-waves-music-bands-skyscapes-1136x640

I had a case with this picture on it…very cool I thought, except that it had Nine Inch Nails written across the bottom of the case, OK, well I could live with it, but it was so not me!  Although I did love the ocean view.

100_7882

So my nieces Jess and Kate were looking at a magazine that showed iPhone cases made over and suggested I try it.  I used a sea shell printed on a dictionary page as my decoration after I had used Valspar spray paint to cover the case.

100_7883

To protect the paint and the print I covered it all with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.  It made the case all smooth and shiny and seems to be protecting it. 

100_7884

It was hard to get it spread out evenly down the sides of the case…I have a drip or two but it is hardly noticeable.  Overall I am quite pleased with the outcome!

100_7885

I might be linking to some of these great parties…

signature21

10 comments:

Unknown said...


Just found your blog!
Now following!
looking forward to keeping up!

I am also doing a free blog design giveaway! Check it out :)

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Crafts a la Mode said...

OOooooo this is cute!! I love it. Have a great weekend. Linda

Lisa said...

This is a neat idea. I love the shell on the blue. Thanks for sharing. wwwlifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

Beautiful Ellen!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I was hoping someone would eventually do this! I'm DYING to make my case more me! :) Very cool!!!

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

Love this! I am a huge fan of teal :)


I hope you come and link up with us!
http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great makeover, love this idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Sharon ~ Life After Empty Nest said...

What an inventive idea! Love the new shell case you created!
Thanks for sharing this at our Summer Bucket List Link Party! Keep those ideas coming! We'll be partying through June!
xoxo
http://www.lifeafteremptynest.com/2013/06/summer-bucket-list-link-party.html

Connie Nelson said...

Very creative thinking there! Thanks for linking with me :)