Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crochet Fabric Doily

100_7816

I am thinking about making one of these or this one…so decided to do some experimenting with different yarns and fabrics and textures and hook sizes.  I used this pattern which was reworked from a pattern created/used in the 1890s.  

100_7809

I used a size L crochet hook and 1/2 inch wide cuts of fabric. It was the perfect thickness and openness.  I think I may try making a rug out of an old white bed sheet cut into 3/4 inch wide strips.  It would be much cheaper than the cotton cording or three strands of yarn.

100_7814

Anyhow, love how this little doily turned out! 

100_7806

this one is a gift for someone…but I can’t say who…

100_7808

I might be linking to some of these great parties!

signature21

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! The big shell in the center caught my eye. I've been crocheting some and enjoying it. I'll look around your blog for more ideas! Hugs!

Julie said...

Very Pretty, I am inviting you to share this with Show Your Stuff:

http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2013/06/show-your-stuff-80-orange-oatmeal.html

Elise Engh said...

Very pretty! I've never crocheted with fabric before, but I have tons of old fabric I could do this with. Thanks for sharing!