Monday, September 3, 2012

What I’ve been up to this week…

photo (9)

Making this…more later!

photo (12)

And painting this cute soap tray.

photo (13)

Pet sitting for two of the cutest rat terriers you could ever hope to meet!

photo (14)

And I did a little shopping this weekend…

photo (15)

This basket from Target is woven from felt strips…hmmm, thinking I could make that!

photo (16)

and I love this lamp at Hobby Lobby…very bright turquoise color!

photo (17)

A lovely country lane, shaded by trees lining the roadway.

photo (18)

Cleaning out and organizing cabinets, shelves, and drawers…some how that always makes me feel more “in control”!

photo (20)

And I took a long walk along the Katy Trail this evening…needed to think and sort things out. 

100_5645

Love this pic, not sure why it looks like a sepia finish, but I love it!

100_5641

Do you ever wonder what this looked like to the first people who ever saw it?  What it looked like to the pioneers who followed in their steps? 

100_5642

I wonder at what an obstacle a river this wide would be to people on foot, trying to get to the other side.

100_5660

I walked almost 8 miles this evening.

100_5663

Beautiful way to end a long weekend!

Signature

4 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Beautiful views of your area. 8 miles walk is healthy while watching the stunning views is pleasant.

Marilyn said...

BEAUTIFUL scenic shots.. I love them.. Great capture series here.. LOVE the cute lil dog.. Thanks SO much for linking with us today.. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday.. xo

debra said...

Beautiful shots especially of the river

I used to have rat terriers as a child! One of yours ( that you are sitting for ) looks like my childhood love, "Trixie" :)

Andrew said...

BEAUTIFUL scenic shots.. I love them.. Great capture series here.. LOVE the cute lil dog.. Thanks SO much for linking with us today.. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday.. xo