Sunday, September 2, 2012

Crinkly Taggie Toy

Yup, it’s another baby project…photo (3)

When I was visiting in Colorado, we found these cute tiny taggie squares…and they had something crinkly in them!

photo (5)

They were a bit pricey too!  So Jess and I went to Mama Said Sew and found some really cute squirrel and acorn soft corduroy, and some vintage velvet ribbon.  Just had to decide what to put inside to make it crinkle. 

100_5560

What do these two things have in common?

100_5564

This great crinkly bag is inside.  Yes, I used the Cheerios bag to put inside the taggie!  I folded it in fourths and sewed around the edges of the cello so the inside wouldn’t shift when I washed it.  I trimmed the edges and cut out two fabrics for the outsides, sewed the ribbons to the edges of one of the two pieces, sewed them all together with the wrong sides together, turned it right side out and that was that!

100_5562

Aren’t those squirrels cute?  Love the greens and blues together!

100_5556

Mine is a bit bigger than the one we saw in the store, but it makes a great crinkly noise!!  And it has more velvet tags too!

100_5558

The back is a really soft cream colored minky type fabric. 

100_5567

Snuggly!

photo (2)

Brady gives it his seal of approval!

photo (1)

I am linking to these great parties!

Signature

19 comments:

Mary said...

Getting my first grandson in December. So, I am really enjoying your baby project posts. Thanks for sharing!!

Jill said...

Great work on your own crinklies Ellen! And thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos!!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sewing Miles of Smiles said...

Awesome idea to use the cheerios package. I'll have to remember that one! Visiting from Monday Mingle.

Dona
sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

Erin James said...

what a great idea! and your little one is so very precious and sweet. i just found your sweet blog through the Naptime Review link up - excited to follow along and read more!

xoxo
Erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

Found you from Motivate Me Monday. I love those crinkly toys, I was just thinking today that I want to make one for my daughter. Give her a toy with a tag on it and she will chew on that tag for hours!

Emily Thompson said...

so cute! I love seeing baby projects! Came over from Keeping it Simple. I would love to have you come over to my Tasteful Tuesday Link party! The link goes live MOnday night at 8:30. http://www.nap-timecreations.com/

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

So cute! I have always wanted to make a crinkly toy, but I never knew what to put inside to make it crinkle. And the minky fabric on the back is such a great idea. So cuddly.I am so excited to make one of these! I found you at the Just Something I Whipped Up party.

Unknown said...

This is cute! I love that it crinkles! Great job!

Unknown said...

Love this! My babies all loved that sound and those kind of 'binkies'. My kiddos are a bit old for this, but I have a few baby showers coming up and these would be great! I'm a new follower from Craft-O-Maniac. It would be great if you'd follow me back at http://parklandparish.blogspot.com/

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

I haven't sewn plastic before was it hard to go through. My baby is obsessed with the wipes packet I need to make one :)

Shiloh said...

What a great idea! I was wondering what you used for the crinkles. so cool.

Athena said...

I love this toy. I have so many friends having babies - I may just have to whip up some of these! I would love to have you link up to TheStuffofSuccess - the party is "live" now. Have a terrific week. And I am your newest follower. Athena

Michelle L. said...

Hi, Ellen - I looove the cowboy one! Great idea to use the cereal bag!

Lisa said...

What a cutie enjoying his toy! (We had the same pacifier...miss those tiny ones!) My husband and I spent hours analyzing what crinkle material is made of. LOL! This was so easy!

Sarah Tackett said...

Great idea - so cute! I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could hop over to my new blog (http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/) and share the blog love. Have a great weekend!

sadf said...

I've saw your link on a few of the Friday link parties, and just couldn't resist your baby's adorable face.

I never thought of using a cereal bag for the crinkle! That is so smart. You've convinced me to attempt making this for my sister's "baby sprinkle"... thanks for great instructions!

debra said...

What a clever idea! I remember when my grandson was a baby that someone had gotten him one of those crinkly toys and he loved it

Look at those baby pictures of yours..he is adorable! :)

debra said...

What a clever idea and the baby pictures are just adorable! :)

Mariel said...

It's so true that babies LOVE these things. I've had fun looking over your blog. I would love to have you come share 'Your Great Idea' over at my link party, hosted on Saturdays...but you can still submit today. Hope to see you there!http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2012/09/hello-weekend-50-mikarose-giveaway.html