Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Busy Holiday Weekend

I did all sorts of stuff this past weekend…I was pretty much internet free so I concentrated on making stuff!
100_4363
I did some sewing for Mom…she had a wrap skirt pattern that was decades old (I remember her wearing a skirt from this pattern when I was in high school) and I made a lovely skirt for her in some fabric I had on hand.  Sorry Mom, but the only fabric I had that was long enough was green gingham!
100_4362
Love how tight this quilting is…mom quilted the two pieces and I just made them into pillows for her. 
100_4359
I found this slate chalkboard at Goodwill, all I did was finish the wood frame in a beachy theme. 
100_4345
I also whipped up this cute bunting with washi tape and bakers twine…so cute in red and aqua.
100_4378
Been meaning to make some Scrabble magnets for a while…going to have to make some more of these!  These are for a gift…
100_4382
I made some cute bookmarks for a little gift…
100_4384
I love the names of these paint blues…Deep Mediterranean, Fantasy Blue, Smooth Southern Sea.  Makes me feel like I’m on a beach somewhere!
100_4390
I worked on this stool…
100_4354
and decorated this peacock tote bag.
100_4349
Made a tuxedo pillow…
100_4312
and stripped and  refinished this baby for my son’s room!
Oh yeah, I also cooked and cleaned and worked on the garage and did some work in my flower bed and planted some more flower pots and cleaned, did I mention that?
Whew!
Signature

3 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

That's amazing! You got loads done! I particularly love the scrabble magnets. I must try that!

Lily Bean said...

wowwie! i wish i could get that much done =)
i love the way you upcycle things

Sam I Am...... said...

You made me tired just reading all that stuff you did! LOL! Are you wishing for a beach or do you live on a lake? I'm not a beach person...private lake up North with a cozy cabin, yes but summer beach or island...nope. Been there done that and it's great to visit but I like it COLD in the Winter and blowing snow! I know...I'm in the monirity! LOL!
Did your Mom hand quilt that? I could barely see in between the stitches! Amazing! Take care and love your projects!